How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tuscaloosa smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Tuscaloosa home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Tuscaloosa do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded video streams from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tuscaloosa by setting schedules or creating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tuscaloosa
Although many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, tap phone or email and submit the details to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tuscaloosa smart home. Call (205) 964-9849 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.